‘ The belief of the Christians that Christ was crucified by the Jews at the order of Pontius Pilate and that he died on the cross.’
The Holy Book itself provides the refutation of this belief. For in the old Testament the one crucified is deemed accursed as is shown is Deuteronomy (). “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is accursed by God; you shall not defile your land which the Lord your God gives you for an inheritance.” Think about it! How can the God of the Christians be cursed by their very own book?As in the Gospel of Luke 4:29,30 where Allâh safeguarded and protected the Messiah عليه السلام from the deception of the Jews and their plotting so that they were unable to crucify him: “And they rose up and put him out of the city, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw him down headlong. But passing through the midst of them he went away.” And it says in John 8:59: “So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the
temple.” Also in John 10:39: “Again they tried to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.”
These texts – and there are many like them – confirm that Allâh protected Christ عليه السلام from the conspiracy of the Jews and their plotting. Indeed, there are texts which confirm that the Jews were not even sure of Christ’s identity to the extent that they had to hire someone to point him out to them. (See Matthew 27:3,4)
Likewise, Christ عليه السلام said that the disciples would be stricken with doubt on the night of his being betrayed, for he stated: “And Jesus said to them, ‘You will all fall away; for it is written: I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’” (Mark )Then what indeed was the end of Christ عليه السلام upon this earth? Allâh raised him unto Himself, and this is written in your book: “And when he said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him
out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, ‘Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you unto heaven.’”(Acts 1:9-11) Also: “… for it is written, ‘He will give His angels charge of you,’ and ‘On their hands they will bear you up…’” (Matthew 4:5,6).
Additionally, this is related in Luke 4:10,11.
Did you not see how the old Testament and the New Testament conveyed the following facts?
1. That whosoever is hanged from a tree is accursed.
2. That Allâh safeguarded Christ عليه السلام and protected him from crucifixion.
3. That Christ said that the disciples would be uncertain on the night of his betrayal.
4. That Allâh raised him to heaven.Now, to you I raise this question: For what reason is the cross considered as a holy object in Christianity while
simultaneously being the place of Christ’s عليه السلام torture – as you believe? Is it not the remembrance of an offense? Is it not a symbol of the crime and its instrument? Furthermore, do you not see that the crucifixion, as connected with Christ عليه السلام has no historical or religious basis to which it can be authentically attributed? Why are you so preoccupied with it to such an extent and why is so much importance placed upon it within your belief?
If you remain content with these beliefs then honestly answer the following questions:
• Who is it that controlled the heavens and the earth when their lord was tied to the wood of the cross?
• How conceivable is it that for three days the universe could continue without a god in control and maintaining its stability?
• Who is it that controls such enormous planets and subjects them as He so wills?
• Who is it that gives life and causes death and who uplifts or debases whosoever He wills?
• Who is it that provides sustenance to mankind and livestock?
• How was the state of the whole universe when its “lord” was in his grave?
• Who caused his “death” and who then restored him to life?
• How tremendously far above is Allâh from what they maintain!